A common question for so many Americans. My question is “Can You Afford Not To?”
Let’s take a look at some financial costs of the typical American living in the paradigm of “outdated thoughts, habits and tradition”.
- Health care in this country exceeds health care costs in rest of the world…combined!
- This equates to $8,000 per person living in this country.
- Health care costs exceed the total costs of America’s education, agriculture and transportation combined.
- Over $800 Billion worth of pharmaceutical drugs are sold throughout the world each year; $400 Billion or 1/2 of these drugs are sold to Americans.
- Once prescribed medication, the typical scenario is “take them for the rest of your life”.
- Leading cause of Bankruptcy in this country over the age of 65 is $250,000 worth of medical bills, due to lack of prevention.
Here is what this might look like for you:
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications…$150/mth
- Over a 5-year period = $9,000
- Over a 10-year period = $18,000
- Over a 20-year period = $36,000
- High monthly insurance premiums (raise deductible to save $100/mth)
- Over a 5-year period = $6,000
- Over a 10-year period = $12,000
- Over a 20-year period = $24,000
Investing into your health, you avoid the Expense of poor health and associated symptoms. By simply reducing the ongoing costs of “symptom based” medications and reducing your monthly insurance premiums you can easily save over $60,000 over a 20-year period.
As you can see by this simple illustration, there are no Costs in getting healthy and staying healthy… Only an exceptionally high Return-On-Investment!