We are so excited to see you for your upcoming Med Spa treatment!!!
Below is a preparation guide to get the most out of your treatment. Please take the time to review before your upcoming appointment. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at
Dermal Filler and Botox/Dysport Procedures:
- Minimize alcohol consumption for a minimum of 24 hours prior to injectable treatment.
- Avoid certain supplements and medications before the procedure. It is best to avoid any blood thinning agents for at least 1 week prior to injectable treatment to minimize the occurrence of bruising.
- Stop all NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) such as aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Nuprin, Bufferin, Ibuprofen, etc. Tylenol is ok to use.
- Stop all herbal supplements such as fish oil, ginkgo, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, etc. (a multi-vitamin is ok to continue).
- Always discuss any history of allergies and current medications you are taking with your provider.
- Please do no wear any make up to your appointment.
Hydrafacial Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Stop using any Isotretinoin products, like Accutane, for six months before treatment unless you’ve been given clearance by a clinician.
- Discontinue the use of generic tretinoin or topical Retin-A for at least 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, on the area that is going to be treated for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any medium or deep chemical peels or chemical resurfacing treatments and laser treatments for at least two weeks before you have this facial treatment.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, for at least 48 hours before you have your facial.
- Avoid any excessive sun exposure and do not use any tanning beds for at least 72 hours before treatment.
Skinpen Microneedling Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Discontinue the use of topical products containing AHAs, Retinols, or Vitamin A three days prior to your SkinPen procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds or self-tanners on treatment area for at least 72 hours prior to the procedure.
- If you are prone to herpes simplex outbreaks, such as cold sores, consult your provider on ways to treat prior, or discuss whether the procedure is appropriate for you.
- If your face or treatment area has irritated skin (sunburn, open wounds, sores) the day preceding your appointment, please contact our office before your appointment.
- This procedure may not be performed on active breakouts or open lesions. Please consult your provider prior to your SkinPen procedure to address any such issues.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications*, supplements and substances for 3 days prior to treatment (If you are prescribed a blood thinning medication such as aspirin or an anticoagulant by your doctor for a cardiovascular condition, then please check with your doctor prior to stopping the medication.)