A woman’s menopause is an event, not a time period. Replacing estrogen and progesterone hormones at this time is usually very beneficial to mood, libido and energy levels.
Postpartum depression is much better treated with the replacement of lost hormones than it is with anti-depressant medication. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy treats the core of the problem.
- Irregular menses- less or more frequent, heavier or lighter, longer or shorter
- Mood changes
- Weight gain or changes in weight distribution
- Vasomotor symptoms – hot flashes, night sweats
- Sleep disturbance
- Vaginal dryness
- Urinary incontinence, frequency, & urgency
- Urinary tract infection
- Depression & anxiety
- Decreased cognitive function – memory, concentration
- Decreased libido
- Skin & hair changes
- Heart disease
- Colon cancer
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Urogenital atrophy
It is because of adverse symptoms and the increase in the diseases of aging that we advocate Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for most women.
Breast Cancer Survivors
The relationship between breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy has been studied and debated for a number of years. The Women’s Health Initiative Study was published in 1996 and revealed that there was a 41% increased risk of breast cancer in women who were on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). This information was very misleading.
Since then, the connection between HRT and breast health has been looked at very critically in numerous peer-reviewed studies done throughout the world. A critical analysis all of the available data, shows that our methods of delivering and prescribing Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy actually DECREASES the risk of breast cancer. That’s the real benefit of Bio-Identical Hormones over oral estrogens and progestins.
Current peer-reviewed literature agrees that:
- Women who take HRT consisting of Conjugated Estrogens (oral, synthetic estrogen such as Premarin) and Progestin (oral, synthetic progesterone) do have an increased incidence of breast cancer.
- Women who take Estrogen only have an increased risk of endometrial cancer.
Our Method of BHRT
- Women who take a combination of Bio-Identical Estrogen and Progesterone have a decreased risk of breast cancer.
Our goal is to safely and effectively optimize your health in the most efficient manner using trusted and advanced solutions.
Your outstanding experience at Carolina Healthspan Institute is at the center of our healthcare model. Experience the benefits that 30 minutes or more with a physician can mean for your health.
Let's Get Started!