I think I have an Anxiety Disorder!
Everyone gets anxious at times, and this is a natural and necessary response to a stressor. When anxiety starts to consume daily life, it needs to be addressed. Heightened anxiety can lead to increased stress or even panic attacks, but many traditional anxiety treatments only manage the symptoms in the short-term. Neurofeedback is a solution for the underlying cause, so you can continue on with your life without constantly feeling “on-edge.”
- On Edge
- Constant Worry
- Scared for No Reason
- Inability to Relax
- Negative Rumination
- Elevated Heart Rate
- Rapid Breathing
- Elevated Muscle Tension
How is it Different at Carolina HealthSpan Institute?
We use extensive functional brain imaging and other assessment tools to identify the underlying cause of your symptoms. Then we use a combination of Biofeedback and Neurofeedback to balance your autonomic nervous system, regulate your respiration and heart rate and train your brain to decrease excessive activity and eliminate dysfunctional patterns. Once the brain and body is balanced and functioning optimally, both general and specific anxiety symptoms will subside. Unlike anti-anxiety medications, Neurofeedback has NO side-effects and the changes are long-lasting and in most cases permanent.
Stop masking symptoms with medication and eliminate the core problem using Neurofeedback and Biofeedback!
How Do I Get Started?
Fill out a little health information and schedule a free call with one of our Patient Advocates to discuss your case.
We offer regular live presentations and webinars around Charlotte and Lake Norman. Information is power!
Let’s Get Scientific
Extensive research shows that both Adults and Children with Anxiety Disorders show dysfunctional brainwave patterns and deviations from typical brain network connectivity. These issues are physiologic in nature, rather than chemical imbalances. Your brain’s electrical system provides 98% of its’ overall communication, with the other 2% going to chemical communication. Brainwave patterns and connectivity are electrical patterns and communication, which means if you want to fix the core problem, you need to fix the electro-physiology of the brain! This is what Neurofeedback does.
Recent Supporting Evidence for Neurofeedback and Anxiety.
In 2017, a retrospective study by Neurocore was completed looking at reduction of symptoms from Anxiety and Depression. The individuals in the study were 334 child and adult clients of Neurocore Brain Performance Centers who started a 30-session treatment program on or after October 15, 2015 and completed the program by July 15, 2016. Based on an industry-standard psychological symptom rating scale, 183 clients were categorized as likely to be experiencing symptoms of anxiety and/or depression (using the ASEBA DSM-oriented anxiety problems and depressive problems scales, respectively).
After 30 sessions of the combined neurofeedback and HRV treatment, 82.8% of those with anxiety symptoms and 81.8% of those with depression symptoms showed a clinically meaningful improvement (as defined by a statistical improvement threshold called the Minimal Clinically Important Difference).
The majority of clients with severe, or “clinical”, ASEBA levels of anxiety (60.3%) and depression (50.6%) symptoms experienced an improvement large enough to be considered “normal” on the ASEBA test post-treatment. An even larger proportion of clients with moderate or “borderline” ASEBA levels of anxiety (75.5%) and depression (88.5%) symptoms improved enough to be considered “normal” on the ASEBA test post-treatment.
White, E.K., Groeneveld, K.M., Tittle, R.K., Bolhuis, N.A., Martin, R.E., Royer, T.G., & Fotuhi, M. (2017) Combined neurofeedback and heart rate variability training for individuals with symptoms of anxiety and depression: A retrospective study. NeuroRegulation, 4(1), 37-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.15540/nr.4.1.37
Our goal is to safely and effectively optimize your health in the most efficient manner using trusted and advanced solutions.
Your outstanding experience at Carolina Healthspan Institute is at the center of our healthcare model. Experience the benefits that 30 minutes or more with a physician can mean for your health.
Let's Get Started!